Above: The Goodyear House in Darien
- The first veterans’ home in the nation was in Darien.
- The Steven Mather House, located on the corner of Brookside and Stephen Mather Roads, got its name from the Darien native who was the founder of the National Parks Service.
- The last surviving member of the Harvard Five (a group of architects with major influence on modern architecture) designed the Goodyear House in Darien. His name was John M. Johansen.
- Darien EMS – Post 53 is the only ambulance service in the country staffed and run by high school students.
- The Darien Sport Shop was mentioned in one of the books in the popular Gossip Girl series.
- Compared to the rest of the country, Darien’s cost of living is 205.70% Higher than the U.S. average.
- Over the years Darien has been home to the following famous personalities: Charles Lindbergh, Andrew Carnegie, Kate Bosworth, Christopher Plummer, Topher Grace, Chloe Sevigny, Helen Frankenthaler, NY Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman, and Kiss drummer Peter Criss.