Every pet owner hopes to have the knowledge necessary to make their furry best friends look red-carpet ready! You can take care of your furry loved ones between trips to the groomer with these tips that will keep your pet looking, feeling, and smelling better than ever.
- Long Hair: Daily brushing to prevent matting and tangling
- Medium Hair: At least weekly brushing to prevent tangling
- Short: Can go up to a month in between brushing
- Don’t cut them too short: will create a permanent dislike of trimming in the future!
- Monthly or weekly trimming dependent on growth in order to provide complete comfort
- Alternative Solution: rotary tool to file down nails
Bathe your pet monthly or weekly, depending on how much time your pet spends outdoors or your own personal preference.
Essentials for your closet:
- Soap-free shampoo
- Soft absorbant towels (beach towels)
- Brushes and combs: human combs and brushes work perfectly
- Bath mat, apron and old clothes
Ear care may seem like an afterthought, but it is actually essential to protect your pets from bacteria and yeast. A few drops of rubbing alcohol will dry water from ear canal.
- Pin Brush: break up the coat and remove loose hair
- Undercoat Rake: loosening coat and removing dead undercoat
- Slicker Brush: end of grooming session to add distinct shine to coat
- Curry Brush: soft rubber brush to get loose fur out of cats/short haired dogs